Monday, June 14, 2010

Adam Lambert Is My Love Warrior~

Froggy hurr. :) So, Twitter went down tonight....and I had nothing better to do than ramble and rant. About what you might ask? My favorite subject of course. Enjoy. :)

----------

I hear so many people criticize Adam these days. It’s usually something like "He can't sing." or "His 15 minutes will be up soon." or even small minded comments about his AMA performance (which, btw, I can't believe some people are STILL not over. How long has it been now? Nearly 7 months?). These comments all come from a sheltered place. A place in the mind that is afraid to embrace something that is different. Oh no, a boy in eyeliner, run. Oh my god he's gay, hide the children. How dare he make a dance song, he was the rocker dude on Idol. So many people living inside of their tiny little boxes. Isn’t it cramped in there? It’s much more fun on the outside.

This past year or so Adam has opened my eyes to the beauty that is freedom of expression. One should not have to hide who they are for fear of being laughed at or criticized. If they laugh or judge or scold you for being who you are, then let them. At the end of the day they will still be inside of their sad little boxes, and you will be dancing free outside of yours. Adam exudes love. His powerful, positive aura is nearly visible when you see him in person. It is a beautiful feeling to share a room with such a loving and kind soul. Often times I wonder how he manages to stay so positive and loving amongst all the hate that is thrown his way on a daily basis. And then I remember, that Adam lives his own philosophy; love overcomes hate. Many of us try to fight hate with more hate, only to end up tangled in a web of negativity. What is Adam’s solution? Kill ‘em with love. Adam is not nor has he ever been ashamed of who he is. He is proud, outspoken, flamboyant, and awe inspiring. He makes me want to be a better person everyday.

He can’t sing? Go to a show and I dare you to look me in the eyes and say that. His 15 minutes will be up soon? Are you sure about that? Because it’s been over a year since Season 8 of Idol ended and Adam has a gold album in the US that is verging on platinum (FYE is also already platinum in Canada and a few other countries), a platinum single that was also a huge top 10 hit, huge international success, and is now embarking on his first SOLD OUT solo tour across the US. He has been on Oprah and dozens of other talk shows and late night programs (Leno and Ellen three times now, each), and he just debuted his fourth music video in less than a year. His video for WWFM was number 1 on VH1 for weeks (I honestly lost count) and is currently ranked as the number 1 video of 2010 on VH1 (even bigger than Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance video, which came in second). So when were these 15 minutes supposed to end exactly?

And to those of you who are still stuck on how “inappropriate” his AMA performance was, I highly suggest you step out of your box, set that mother fucker on fire, and never look back. If seeing two boys kiss or simulate oral sex is that shocking to you, then you haven’t lived my friend.

I will end this rant by saying this. Anyone who doesn’t have Adam Lambert in their lives is missing out. He is my hero in every sense of the word, and I will be loyal to the end.

Lahve,
The Frog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the most beautiful rant I ever read..Thank you so much..it made my night. I too will be loyal to the end!! Adam makes me feel again. :)

eri9 said...

Well done! Standing O from me! xx

Post a Comment